A small history of High Elms Manor
High Elms Manor is a grade II listed Georgian country house located near Garston in Hertfordshire, England. Built towards the end of the 18th century, the house was auctioned in 1813, and was originally known as High Elms Manor, but from the 1890s to 2010 it was called Garston Manor.
In the post WWII years the house was a rehabilitation centre, but it later fell derelict. In the 1990s an American named Sheila O'Neill bought and restored it and uses it as a Montessori School and Function Venue.
The estate was sold to the Bournes by a member of the Watney family. Claude Watney's wife liked to receive visitors on the steps of her home with a snake twined round her arm. She was also responsible for some oriental décor in the house. After the story of Sohrab and Rustruro, her bath had wicker caging round it. The very heavy doors of her Persian Room are of leather with metal shields and bosses, still in position.
Click here to view our Wikipedia page.view wikipedia
Follow this article from 'The Country Seat' Country House Rescue: School's out - High Elms Manor, Hertsview article make an enquiry